The tyres you choose matter a great deal
As the single point of contact between your vehicle and the road, they have a considerable role to play in the performance, comfort and safety of your vehicle.
For the daily driver, a Highway Terrain (HT) tyre is a common and popular choice. However, even amongst HT tyres the features and resulting benefits can vary.
Is a HT tyre right for my vehicle?
If you drive a sedan, minivan, SUV or passenger vehicle then a HT tyre may be a good option for you.
HT tyres are built to provide a smooth, quiet and comfortable drive. Primarily intended for use on sealed roads these are a good option for the ‘everyday driver’. This means that if you generally use your vehicle for the daily commute, school runs, shopping trips and the occasional road trip with family or friends then a HT tyre may well suit your driving style.
What are the key characteristics of an HT tyre?
HT tyres typically have a higher speed rating and a lower load index.
Generally speaking, the tread pattern of an HT tyre is designed with comfort in mind.
To achieve low on-road noise, they have a shallower tread depth.
They provide good on-road performance in both wet and dry conditions.
What are the benefits of an HT tyre?
HT tyres offer many benefits to those who intend to spend the majority of their driving time on sealed roads. These include:
- Smooth driving
- Quiet and comfortable ride
- Predictable, balanced handling
- Good tread wear
What HT tyre should I choose?
It is important to give careful consideration to the type of driving you do, how far you travel and what you primarily use your vehicle for. The knowledgeable staff at your local BestDrive store are happy to assist you in discerning these factors in order to find the best tyres for your intended purpose and budget.
Your local BestDrive store supplies and fits a great range of HT tyres from trusted brands, which include Continental, Kumho, BFGoodrich and Hifly.
Continental ContiPremiumContact 5
The perfect all-round tyre, matching performance with safety.
For mid-sized and executive class vehicles.
- Developed to react to your driving, creating perfect handling and outstanding grip.
- The tyre is designed to easily grip the road in both wet and dry conditions, resulting in shorter stopping distance to keep you safe.
- The tyre's design means noticeably more comfortable driving with perfect handling and rolling resistance to save you fuel.
Continental UltraContact UC6
Perfect as a Diamond!
- Outstanding control on wet roads.
- High margins of safety during braking, on wet and dry roads.
- High levels of grip and durability.
- Enjoyable driving thanks to low levels of noise.
BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Drive
Make your own way in every driving situation thanks to the strong tyre structure of the BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Drive tyre. Take to the streets with excellent control due to the enhanced tread design featuring linked tread blocks and shoulder and feel safe knowing the Advantage T/A Drive handles any weather with unshakable grip.
- Great braking on wet & dry - Large tread block with deep wide longitudinal and latitudinal grooves and sipes ensuring great braking in both wet and dry.
- Control in all situations - Symmetric tread design with rigid tread blocks and shoulder and "jagged" grooves for responsive handling and control.
- Smooth handling - The mix of tread pattern blocks in various sizes and "jagged" grooves along with reinforced fillers at the shoulder provide smooth handling and response to your driving.
- Strong for all road conditions - The tyre structure ensures BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Drive is "tough" for any demanding road conditions.
If you are considering a set of HT tyres as a good option for your sedan, minivan, SUV or passenger vehicle, call into your local BestDrive store to view our extensive range. Our experienced staff will help you to find the best tyres to suit your vehicle, driving needs and budget.
BestDrive. You drive, we care.